| Kusumi Koharu|
Also known as
Miracle-chan, Koha-chan, Kohapink
July 15, 1992 (age 20)
Nagaoka, Niigata, Japan
Singer, voice actress
Kusumi Koharu (久住小春) was born on July 15, 1992 in Nagaoka, Niigata, Japan. She is a former member of Morning Musume and Hello! Project. She was also a voice actress for the anime Kirarin Revolution. She is currently a CanCam model and a member of Dream Morning Musume. She joined Morning Musume as the only seventh generation member and as the youngest soloist to debut in Hello! Project, being only twelve years old when she joined. Before she joined Morning Musume, she was the captain of her school's volleyball team. Kusumi's audition process and debut was documented during the 2005 episodes of TV Tokyo television show, Hello! Morning.
Kusumi Koharu joined Morning Musume in 2005 as the only seventh generation member.
Kusumi has been a member of the Hello! Project kickball team Metro Rabbits H.P. since its formation in the beginning of 2006. Since April 7, she has been the voice actress for Kirari Tsukishima, the main character in the anime Kirarin Revolution.
In early 2007, Kusumi was chosen to be a member of Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai— a unit created to celebrate Morning Musume's 10th anniversary as a group. Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai also consisted of Iida Kaori, Abe Natsumi, Goto Maki and Niigaki Risa. Their first single, "Bokura ga Ikiru MY ASIA", was released on January 24, 2007.
Apart from her activities in aforementioned units, Kusumi is also a member of Kira☆Pika with ℃-ute's Hagiwara Mai and MilkyWay with Hello! Pro Kenshuusei members Kikkawa Yuu and Kitahara Sayaka. Both units were formed for the Kirarin Revolution anime, which ended in March 2009. Kusumi is currently a regular on the TV Tokyo children's show Oha Suta, appearing every Tuesday.
After the first performance at Morning Musume's 2009 Fall Tour Nine Smile, a shocking announcement was made that Kusumi would graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project in December 2009. According to the official announcement, she was planning to be a model, similar to Umeda Erika (℃-ute)'s graduation purpose.
Her graduation marked the end of the longest stable lineup of Morning Musume (the group had gone just over two years without any change in membership, the longest in its history), as it was the first change in the group's roster since the departures of Yoshizawa Hitomi and Fujimoto Miki in 2007.
- Name: Kusumi Koharu (久住小春)
- Nickname: Koha, Kussun, Kohai, Koha-chan (こはちゃん), Miracle-chan, Kohappinku (こはっピンク)
- Birthday: July 15, 1992 (age 20)
- Birthplace: Niigata, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Height: 167 cm
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
- Eastern Zodiac: Monkey
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2005-05-01: Member
- 2005-05-01: Morning Musume Member
- 2009-12-06: Graduated
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2005-05-01: Member
- Years in Morning Musume: 4 Years
- Former Morning Musume Color:
- Grey (2005-2007)
- Red (2007-2009)
- Former MilkyWay Color: Pink
- Hobby: Volleyball, which she began in 3rd grade and was captain
- Favorite food: Umeboshi flavored snacks, fruit
- Favorite color: Pink
- Favorite H!P Member: Fujimoto Miki
- Audition Song: Furusato
- Favorite Morning Musume Song: Mikan
Singles Participated InEdit
- Iroppoi Jirettai
- Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiizo!~
- SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
- Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan
- Egao YES Nude
- Kanashimi Twilight
- Onna ni Sachi Are
- Resonant Blue
- Pepper Keibu
- Naichau Kamo
- Shouganai Yume Oibito
- Nanchatte Ren'ai
- Kimagure Princess
- She is the second Morning Musume member to come from Niigata, following Ogawa Makoto.
- The word "miracle" is used in relation to Kusumi a lot (whether as a nickname or as a catchphrase) because the 7th generation auditions were to find the "ace" for Morning Musume, whom Tsunku dubbed would be a "miracle".
- During her audition, she stated that she prefers the "cool" images over "cute," and stated Yoshizawa Hitomi and Fujimoto Miki as the members she admires the most. She has also stated that Fujimoto Miki is her favorite celebrity on both Hello! Morning and Ongaku Senshi MUSIC FIGHTER.
- Her audition song was Morning Musume's "Furusato".
- At Morning Musume's 2009 Aki tour, her graduation song was, incidentally, also Furusato.
- Her mentor figure within Morning Musume was Michishige Sayumi.
- She is the youngest artist to debut solo within Hello! Project.
- She was the best selling Hello! Project soloist in 2006 and 2007.
- Kusumi Koharu has sold a total of 1,114,889 since the beginning of her solo career.
- Claims to be anxious around the older generation members, particularly Nakazawa Yuko and Yaguchi Mari. However, since being in Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, she has claimed to have calmed her anxiety around Iida Kaori and Abe Natsumi.
- She gets startled when someone speaks in Kansai dialect.
- She was the first artist to achieve the 2.0 ratio in Hello! Project in years (the 2.0 ratio is First Week sales versus Total sales. In other words, she was able to double her first week sales).
- In Yorosen!, she taught other Morning Musume members about Sumo Wrestling.
- She is now modeling under the same agency Umeda Erika used to be under, ILLUME MODELS.
- She became an exclusive model for CanCam fashion magazine in 2011.
- She refused to ever call Takahashi Ai "Ai-chan", and instead called her 'Takahashi-san' because she respected Takahashi greatly, although Takahashi said that she wanted her to call her Ai-chan.
- She is close friends with Mitsui Aika.
- She maintains an avid interest in healthy eating and raw food, and has written about these topics on her blog and in her 2011 autobiography and essay book, 17sai no Tenshoku.
- She is the fourth former Morning Musume member to graduate from both Morning Musume and Hello! Project. The first being Fukuda Asuka, the second being Ishiguro Aya, and the third being Ichii Sayaka
- She is the first Morning Musume member to graduate from both Morning Musume and Hello! Project since 2000 when Ichii Sayaka graduated.
- She is the second tallest member of Morning Musume, being 167cm tall. The tallest members of Morning Musume are Iida Kaori and Junjun (both 168cm).
- Tsunku has stated that Koharu is the most popular member of Hello Projects history.