| Kamei Eri|
Also known as
Eririn, Kame-chan, Erieri
December 23, 1988 (age 25)
Arakawa, Tokyo, Japan
Kamei Eri (亀井絵里) was a member of the Japanese pop group Morning Musume. She joined in late 2003 as a sixth generation member along with Fujimoto Miki, Michishige Sayumi and Tanaka Reina. She graduated from the group on December 15, 2010 with Junjun and Linlin.
Kamei was selected from the Morning Musume Love Audition 2002 to join Morning Musume as a member of the sixth generation. She first appeared on the single "Shabondama" and her first record was Morning Musume's sixth album, Ai no Dai 6 Kan.
She was placed in Morning Musume Sakura Gumi in January 2003 and released two singles as a part of the group before it went inactive.
Towards late 2004, Kamei is thought to have opened up after receiving her own segment on the Japanese variety show Hello! Morning, where she had been a regular since her debut. In the segment, known as "Eric Kamezō no Maido Arii!", she, along with her co-host Nakazawa Yuko, and most often several guests promote the latest products from the Hello! Project. In 2004, Kamei appeared in the 2004 Hello! Project shuffle units unit H.P. All Stars. She was also involved in Morning Musume Sakura Gumi when Morning Musume was split into two groups.
Her segment was removed from the show in the winter of 2005, but she still starred in the rest of the show as a regular. Initially, Kamei struggled the most out of the sixth generation to create a presence for herself. She got her big break playing the role of field reporter Elizabeth Kyamei on the Hello! Pro News segment on Hello! Morning, showing her comedic side and breaking her out of her shell. Since then, she tackled a number of comedic roles, with notable favorites like her parody of Yon-sama (Korean actor). She got her own corner on the revised Hello! Pro Hour corner as salesman Eric Kamezou in "Eric Kamezou no Maido Ari".
It was announced on August 8, 2010 that Eri would be graduating from Morning Musume and Hello! Project along with eight generation members Junjun and Linlin. Tsunku announced this on his blog and at that day's Hello! Project concert. He stated that the reason was that she had a serious medical condition of the skin. Kamei's graduation was held on December 15, 2010.
- Name: Kamei Eri (亀井絵里)
- Nickname: Eririn, Kame-chan, Kamei-chan, Kyamei-san, Eri-chan, Kame, Kyamei, PPP (Pokepokepuu)
- Birth date: December 23, 1988 (age 25)
- Birthplace: Arakawa, Tokyo, Japan
- Blood Type: AB
- Western Zodiac: Capricorn
- Eastern Zodiac: Dragon
- Height: 157.5 cm
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2003-01-19: Member
- 2003-01-19: Morning Musume Member
- 2010-12-15: Graduated
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 2003-01-19: Member
- 2010-12-15: Graduated
- Years in Morning Musume: 7 Years
- Former Morning Musume Color: Orange
- Special skill: Running, dancing, arguing
- Hobbies: Reading books, email, buying makeup, karaoke, watching concert DVDs
- Motto: "You are yourself! Don't compare yourself!"
- Favorite colors: Pink, gray, black, brown, white
- Favorite flowers: Roses
- Favorite season: Winter
- Favorite words: Love, good night
- Favorite food: Umeboshi, yoghurt, spaghetti, pasta, udon, ramen, soba
- Disliked food: Green peas
- Favorite songs: I WISH, Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT, Shabondama
Singles Participated InEdit
- Shabondama (Debut Single)
- Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
- Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT
- Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~
- Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari
- Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago
- THE Manpower!!!
- Osaka Koi no Uta
- Iroppoi Jirettai
- Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiizo!~
- SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
- Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan
- Egao YES Nude
- Kanashimi Twilight
- Onna ni Sachi Are
- Resonant Blue
- Pepper Keibu
- Naichau Kamo
- Shouganai Yume Oibito
- Nanchatte Ren'ai
- Kimagure Princess
- Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai
- Seishun Collection
- Appare! Kaiten Zushi (as Muten Musume)
- Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game (Last Single)
Morning Musume Sakura GumiEdit
H.P. ALL STARSEdit
- Attended a private middle school and a private high school.
- She has an younger sister (Kamei Rina) and an older brother.
- She is close friends with Tanaka Reina and Michishige Sayumi.
- She said she auditioned for Morning Musume because she wanted to change herself.
- She has stated that she liked small tight spaces, even saying she liked packed trains.
- Many fans credit her stint as "Elizabeth Kyamei", and later, her drastic hairstyle change to a short cut, as the start of her image change into a bubbly, burikko type role.
- Like Fujimoto Miki, she is infamous for her lack of drawing skill.
- Kamei stated on the radio program "Young Town Douyoubi" (aired on 2006.06.17) that her father named her "Eri" after his favorite Southern All Stars song, "Itoshi no Ellie."
- She usually wears perfume. When she was younger and wanted to try it out for the first time, she wasn’t sure what to pick so she went into her older brother’s room and tried out his.
- She likes western clothing.
- She is not good at waking up in the morning. Linlin once said that Kamei sometimes came to work with her eyes still closed.
- She said she goes to sleep really fast after work, around 10:30.
- In her first Yorosen! episode as teacher, she stated that she had a tuna fetish.
- Kamei suffered from Dermatitis, which eventually lead to her graduation.
- In Yorosen!, she taught other Morning Musume members about tuna.
- Recently, Niigaki Risa, Michishige Sayumi, and Fujimoto Miki posted some photos on their blogs featuring Kamei Eri.
- She is the fifth former Morning Musume member (with Junjun and Linlin) to graduate from both Morning Musume and Hello! Project (the first being Fukuda Asuka, the second being Ishiguro Aya, the third being Ichii Sayaka, and the fourth being Kusumi Koharu).